NAB INDIA Centre for Blind Women & DISABILITY STUDIES, Delhi
The Centre was setup in 2002 by NAB India with a special committee in Delhi with the vision of raising the bar of training and rehabilitation for the visually impaired in india with a special focus on women.
In time, it gradually grew to establish employment oriented modern day trainings viz.
- Front Desk handling,
- Spa and Massage,
- Employment Preparation trainings for call centres,
- Personality Development
With these trainings the centre has been able to upgrade approx. 500 VI women till date.
Also to encourage a better quality of life amongst the doubly disabled visually impaired women of india, we offer services like
- Resuming education through NOS,
- Library and resource support,
- Sponsorships and Scholarships for higher professional studies
- Volunteer services, and
In 2009, with the expertise and progressive approach of research oriented team, another wing was added on to increase the perview of the centre’s work – Research and Disability Studies.
Since then the centre has carried out many substantial research, monitoring and evaluation studies such as:
- Evaluation of IT labs of 20 disability schools for Min. Of IT in 2009
- Work in progress for Survey, study and documentation of all the institutes working for visual impairment in the country – for National Institute of Visually Handicapped (NIVH- nodal agency of Min. of Social Justice) since 2010
- Training, Monitoring and Evaluation of 100 IT labs in the country for 100 schools for disabled students (VI, HI, PH) for Min. of IT (2010-12)
- Consultancy for disability friendliness in usage of currency notes in India with Security Printing and Minting Corporation of India Ltd. (2011)
- Consultancy for NIVH for development of new vocations for the blind in India with Tsukuba University, Japan (2010)
- PursuedProject for Development of Curriculum of a new vocation in reflexology for visually impaired in the country for America India Foundation (2011)
- Job mapping study for the visually impaired in 4 industries in india for America india Foundation
If you are interested to donate:
style=”text-align:justify;”ALL CHEQUES TO BE MADE IN THE NAME OF NAB INDIA CENTRE. The cash/ cheque donations are 100% exempt from Income tax under sec 35 AC
NAB India, Centre For Blind Women & Disability Studies
L 25, Hauz Khas Enclave
New Delhi 110016
email@example.com, Ph: 41656266, 26852589
Visit us at www.nabcentreforwomen.org
Join us on facebook page NAB India Centre