ACHIEVEMENTS IN THE LAST NINE YEARS- AT A GLANCE
- The centre has rehabilitated more than 550 women providing them with improved quality of life with the aid of customized and modern vocational trainings.
- It has supported professional career oriented education for the blind girls (in MBA,CA, MSW, International Relations, Home Sciences- Health and Nutrition, B.Ed, M.Phil).
- It has achieved employments of blind women in diverse fields like Quality analyst, Market research, reception counters in offices etc. Take pride in pioneering employments in export houses for the visually impaired women.
- It has given an Annual Cultural Festival for the blind youth of Delhi, coordinated by the first ever Rotaract Club of the blind people in Delhi, attended by more than 200 people every year.
- It is the Agency for ` Identifying, Training and Monitoring for ERNET’, Ministry of IT, 100 Computer labs across the country.
- It is a research and study centre for all disabilities
- It has started a Radio Production & Programming Course for the blind and employment thereafter.
- The centre has initiated Job mapping for the blind in 4 industries (8 companies), across the country, in partnership with AIF’s MAST progamme.
- It has developed Modern Vocational trainings for greater job opportunities for the Visually Impaired women.
THE CENTRE REPRESENTATED ON VARIOUS PANELS:
- IGNOU research for disability
- GOI to Promote science and mathematics for blind and low vision students under Department of Science and Technology,
- Delhi University Equal Opportunity Cell for Disabled
- Gyanvaani programme on National TV by RCI and IGNOU
- Radio programmes on AIR
- Committee for changes in education bill to include education for the disabled: AARTH AASTHA
- Many forums for gender, disability and sexuality
- Employment meets for the disabled